Book Review: Architecting Modern Web Applications with ASP.NET Core and Azure09 Aug 2017
Recently I read in The week in .Net about some new e-books published by Microsoft about web, cloud and container development and one of these books was Architecting Modern Web Applications with ASP.NET Core and Azure.
After I have read it I can say it is a rather small book which gives you a good but very basic overview about ASP.Net Core MVC development.
It “touches” the following topics:
- Traditional Web applications vs. Single Page Applications
- Architectural and design principles, e.g.:
- separation of concerns
- dependency inversion
- persistence ignorance
- Common web architecture styles, like:
- clean architecture
- Client side web technologies (e.g. Angular)
- How to setup your first ASP.NET Core MVC application
- Structure the code
- Design cross cutting concerns
- How to use EF Core
- Testing Asp.net Core MVC applications
- Azure hosting
Definitively a good one if you are new to ASP.Net Core (MVC).